April 01, 2013 By Tim MotleyMuseum will be closed November 4th – 30th to get ready for Christmas Open House. Theme for Christmas will be “Keeping Traditions and Memories – A Read More »
April 01, 2013 By Tim MotleyThe 2013 Quilt Show, with quilts and any needle work displayed, will be the month of October with theme of “On Pins and Needles”. Quilt Show Read More »
April 01, 2013 By Tim MotleyThe 2013 theme for April, May and June is “Spring and Music in the Air.” Displays will consist of anything related to music and will include Read More »
April 01, 2013 By Tim MotleyCentralia Historical Society will have their Annual Meeting Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 at 7 p.m. at the Museum. This annual meeting is held prior to Opening Read More »
November 20, 2012 By Tim MotleyThe CENTRALIA HISTORICAL SOCIETY is celebrating Christmas with an open house and tour of the Centralia Museum in Centralia, Missouri. December 1st, 2012 10 a.m. – Read More »
Museum will be closed November 4th – 30th to get ready for Christmas Open House.
Theme for Christmas will be “Keeping Traditions and Memories – A Time Remembered”, featuring especially nativities, clocks, watches, etc.
Sign up to decorate a room for this event.
The 2013 Quilt Show, with quilts and any needle work displayed, will be the month of October with theme of “On Pins and Needles”.
Quilt Show luncheons will be held the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of October. Please make reservations to attend these luncheons and view quilt show items.
Bring your quilts or any handiwork to be displayed the last week of September to be checked in and numbered.
Donations will be accepted on a Queen Size Quilt to be gifted away the last Sunday of the Show.
The 2013 theme for April, May and June is “Spring and Music in the Air.” Displays will consist of anything related to music and will include various instruments, sheet music, old hymnals, records (45′s & LP’s), Opry music, music boxes, harmonicas, castanets, wall and table décor referencing music.
Anyone interested in sharing their musical items, please call 682-3483 or 682-5711.
The table will be set and all 3 floors of Museum will be ready for your enjoyment and will be open each Sunday and Wednesday .
The new theme for July, August and September will be “Welcome Home to Summer.” The displays will feature pineapples (sign of welcome) and first harvested and marketed 200 years ago this year.
The seasonal display for July through August will be “Summer Fun in the Water.”
Included in the display will be:
- a wide assortment of fishing rods, reels, lures, and other tackle
- displays of beach scenes, sand toys, and swimwear
- seashells and antique postcards
Boone County Historical Society
May 6, 2012, 2:00 p.m.
110 North Allen St., Centralia, Missouri
Centralia Dedication Program:
- Welcome and opening remarks – Ray Beck, President of the Boone County Historical Society, and Jenifer Flink, Executive Director
- Introduction of the Historic Sites Committee and special guests – Mayor Tim Grenke, City Manager Lynn P. Behrns, Roscoe and Mary Kinkead and family, Frank C. Wilson grandchildren: Steven W. Wilson, Cindy Wilson Plagge, Diana Wilson Sykes. W.O. Baker great-granddaughters: Terri McClain and Lisa McClain-Vanderpool.
- History of the Wood Building – Mary Helen Catlett Allen, Historic Sites Committee
- Presentation of Historic Marker – Carolyn Doyle, Chair BCHS Historic Sites Committee, to Roscoe and Mary Kinkead
- Closing Remarks
- Reception following, at Centralia Museum, 319 East Sneed Street. Refreshments provided by the museum board
This room is where AB Chance did his dreaming and inventing. It shows a disciplined organization with cabinets and drawers numbered, giving location in alphabetical order. Bins can be removed and taken to work bench or tilted out to retrieve contents. During the depression, factory people could work here if they had bills and there was no work at the factory. Every inch of space is used for storage. The room was left exactly as it was in 1949.